We do plan to provide access control for books in our next update. Expected by end of April ‘14
One can easily turn off all animation videos from settings. Ability to hide books will be part of our next release.
- Go to Settings from Parents's Dashboard
- Under "Animation Videos" section you will see "Show Animation Videos" option.
- Please slide it to "No" and videos will be hidden from the main menu
We understand your concerns about pricing. It is a necessary step we have taken in order for us to continue building high quality educational apps for your kids.
With a monthly subscription, the child has access to the full Agnitus program, advancing through the curriculum at their own pace and skill level.
Please let us know what you would consider a fair monthly price? We would appreciate your feedback.
Thank you for taking time to post such a detailed response. We really appreciate your feedback. If you have faced any issues with your account please contact us right away. Below are our responses to some of your queries.
- Agnitus was launched in March of 2012 with just 3 academic skills. Today we offer over 46+ academic skills. Our each individual skill is far more complicated than most of the individual apps you will find at the App store. Our current phonics and math curriculum starts at the preschool level and goes all the way to first grade level. This alone is 3 years worth of learning. We are working hard to get 2nd and 3rd grade curriculum ready in next 6 months to a year.
- All monthly tuition packages of Agnitus purchased from the Apple App Store (via In-App purchase) are governed by policies & terms as defined by Apple. This includes cancellation policies and refunds. Agnitus has NO say in how it's done or implemented. Here is the link to the full terms:
- If you cancel your subscription, you lose access to the app at the "END" of the subscription period as defined in Apple's terms. We never close your account before that. When the subscription expires, only then you lose access to the paid content. If you choose to "DELETE" the account (not just the app), then all the data and the account info are removed immediately, even though your subscription has not expired. You can still download and create a new account and use it for the time left on the subscription but the old data will not be recoverable, since the account was deleted.
- Current curriculum starts at the preschool level and goes all the way to first grade level. Progression within the curriculum is built on an adaptive learning engine. Hence, depending upon age, existing knowledge, time the child spends within the program, their learning speed, they can potentially cover the content from a few days to months or years.
-There are thousands of apps on the App Store that will give you what you are asking. Many of them are free. We spent over 18 months building out the solution that leverages data and analytics to automatically move the child through the curriculum based on their learning, irrespective of their age. If a 3-year old is operating at 5 years old level, the app moves them to that level. The App figures out based on data where to move the child next without requiring any parental intervention.
- All monthly tuition packages available via the In-App purchase are of a fixed length of time. They do NOT auto-renew. Apple does NOT allow auto-renew for Apps.
- You are correct that the cancellation policy on our website is poorly written. We will update it and make it clear. This cancellation policy applies to any enrollments that were done via Agnitus website.
- We do provide free 7-day trial, which unlocks all skills so you can try without any fear of any hidden charges. We DO NOT auto charge at the end of this trial period.
Our vision is to provide parents a single app experience where they know what their children are learning and they don’t need to worry about constantly searching or downloading new apps. We have a dedicated team that includes curriculum/education team, game play designers, data analysts and many more to make sure we produce high quality educational product for your children.
Sorry for the confusion but we have only introduced subscription for new and future skills only.
If you have purchased or unlocked any skills they will always remain available/free to you.
Our support team will follow up with you.
@Pat sorry for the inconvenience. Please send us a report by clicking "Report a Problem" from the settings so we can investigate the issue.
You can connect your iPad/iPhone to itunes and it will prompt you to upgrade your iOS. Just select continue and follow the easy steps and it will download the software and update your device automatically to the latest iOS.
Can you please explain bit more about the issue. Are you not able to download our app from the apple app store?
In our iPad app you can assign individual names and pictures to each child from the "Settings" tab. This way when you will receive weekly email the report card will have each individual child name in it.
Unfortunately we dont have this feature in iPhone but we are working hard to update our iPhone app with all these great features.
Thank you for reporting this issue. Our team is looking into this issue and we will update you as soon as we figure out a quick fix.
Please let her play as our app will automatically switch between games to keep her engaged and learning new things.
Sorry for a late response but we have introduced a Size Comparison game. The goal of this game is to teach kids about size and numbers. We are also working on new games to teach kids about less/more or bigger/smaller using shapes. Hopefully they will be available by end of Oct.
The child's profile cannot be reset but you can delete the existing profile and create a new one in our ipad app only.
Is the app getting stuck at white screen? If yes then the app usually gets stuck at starting white screen if your ipad/iphone has its wireless or data service on but its not able to get the internet connection due to slow speed or connection is down. You can do either of the two steps to solve the issue.
1) Make sure that the internet is working on ipad/iphone
2) Disable the wireless or network on ipad/iphone. You can use the airplane mode.
After this restart the app and it will start normally.
We are working hard to make new games to cover many new skills. We dont have any set timeline for it but our goal is to provide atleast one new game once a month. We are planning to launch a new game for advance abcs in next 2-3 weeks.
Can you please tell us the OS version you currently have? Our apps work on all ipads and iphone 3S+ with iOS 5.0+
Sorry for the inconvenience. There is definitely sound in our iPad app but unfortunately this is something which is reported alot and it is due to some bug in Apple software.
One possible remedy which is shared alot on the internet is to follow the below steps. Please let us know if this works.
1- First of all check if your right button is set for Mute/Unmute or its set for Lock/Unlock screen. You can check this from Settings>General. There you will see which option is checked at the bottom of the page.
2- Here select Mute to use the side button of ipad to make sound Mute/Unmute.
3- After you do this, come out of settings and close all apps and Unmute the sound using the iPad side button